I launched my product a year ago, but so far haven’t had much luck selling it. I desperately needed advice from a person that could take a look at my situation and help figure out what’s wrong and how to move on. Andy Brice has been through all this and knew exactly what I was struggling with.
Simon Strandgaard, www.GraphicDesignerToolbox.com
GraphicDesignerToolbox is a Mac OS X application for creating computer generated graphics. It allows users to snap together generative and filter blocks to create a vast range of different types of images, without any drawing or programming. It is an impressively slick and well engineered piece of software. But sales were unsatisfactory. I did some consulting for the author, Simon Strandgaard, focussed on improving the marketing and the user’s initial experience of the product. As a result he has made a lot of changes, including:
- Re-thought the product positioning, marketing message and target customer.
- Renamed the application to GraphicDesignerToolbox (from the less descriptive ToolboxApp).
- Moved the website from ToolboxApp.com to GraphicDesignerToolbox.com.
- Commissioned a new application icon.
- Completely rewritten the website.
- Improved the initial user experience with a quick tour and easy to load samples.
- Improved the product documentation.
- Changed the trial model.
- Increased the price.
- Released version 1.0.
You can see captures of old and new versions of the website below:
It is has been very rewarding to see the product and marketing improve so much in just three months. Especially as someone else was doing all the hard work! I think the changes are a huge improvement all round and I wish Simon and GraphicDesignerToolbox every success. v1.0 was released today and Simon tells me he has sold as many licences today as in the previous 5 months.
If you have a Mac you can head over to GraphicDesignerToolbox.com and download the trial.