I am looking to outsource some self-contained programming tasks in areas that I don’t have expertise in. I am hoping that someone reading this blog might be able to help (or know someone that can) so I don’t have to go through outsourcing sites. These are the two skills sets I am currently looking for:
- C++/Qt 4/OpenGL – To write a relatively simple 3D visualization model that runs on Windows and Mac. This will involve populating a 3D space with specified shapes and allowing simple movement around it.
- I am expecting that I will need 2 different people, but it is possible there might be someone out there with experience in both.
- These are small projects (probably less than 2 weeks for task 1 and less than 1 week for task 2). But they might lead on to more work in future.
- Time scales are reasonably relaxed. Ideally I would like the work to be finished by the end of September.
- You can be based anywhere in the world, but must be able to communicate in English (written and spoken).
- Full copyright to the work will pass to my company on full payment.
- Obviously cost is an issue. If I have 2 promising candidates, I am likely to pick the cheaper one.
If you are interested in doing either of these tasks please email me ( andy at oryxdigital.com ) before the end of Friday 26th August with subject “programming work” and a brief outline of:
- Which of the 2 tasks you are interested in.
- Your relevant experience. Ideally including details of related projects completed.
- Your daily rate in Pounds Sterlings or US dollars.
I will send detailed specs to a shortlist of the best candidates. The work will be awarded on the basis of fixed price bids against the spec. Please don’t apply unless you have relevant experience – if I wanted a programmer without experience in these areas I could do it myself. ;0)