I am looking to outsource some self-contained programming tasks in areas that I don’t have expertise in. I am hoping that someone reading this blog might be able to help (or know someone that can) so I don’t have to go through outsourcing sites. These are the two skills sets I am currently looking for:
- C++/Qt 4/OpenGL – To write a relatively simple 3D visualization model that runs on Windows and Mac. This will involve populating a 3D space with specified shapes and allowing simple movement around it.
- I am expecting that I will need 2 different people, but it is possible there might be someone out there with experience in both.
- These are small projects (probably less than 2 weeks for task 1 and less than 1 week for task 2). But they might lead on to more work in future.
- Time scales are reasonably relaxed. Ideally I would like the work to be finished by the end of September.
- You can be based anywhere in the world, but must be able to communicate in English (written and spoken).
- Full copyright to the work will pass to my company on full payment.
- Obviously cost is an issue. If I have 2 promising candidates, I am likely to pick the cheaper one.
If you are interested in doing either of these tasks please email me ( andy at oryxdigital.com ) before the end of Friday 26th August with subject “programming work” and a brief outline of:
- Which of the 2 tasks you are interested in.
- Your relevant experience. Ideally including details of related projects completed.
- Your daily rate in Pounds Sterlings or US dollars.
I will send detailed specs to a shortlist of the best candidates. The work will be awarded on the basis of fixed price bids against the spec. Please don’t apply unless you have relevant experience – if I wanted a programmer without experience in these areas I could do it myself. ;0)
I doubt if anything in 3D can be done in less than a week – if you want it to look good that is.
I am really only looking for a proof of concept that I can extend. Qt includes some 3D OpenGL examples that aren’t many lines of code.
My brothers consulting company could certainly build out the web app. http://dnlomnimedia.com/
Refering to JS/CSS task, will it not contain any back-end programming in scripts like PHP?
I have linked my profile with this comment. If Interested then contact via Email or Skype me and see what could be done.
Do you have Skype? Contact me. Id is “sidlabs”
“If you are interested in doing either of these tasks please email me”
Actually I am C++ programmer with some experience in web development. I agree with George and must say you underestimate the complexity of 3D prototype. Probably you could find some ready 3DS model parser and many examples or even adopt ready engine but in any way it will take more than a week.
BTW I may craft web page for you in exchange for your ISV consulting service and if you do not mind to install java or .NET on your server.
If you are interested please contact me via Skype or email.
I was basing it on the number of lines of code in C++/Qt/OpenGL examples I have seen and that fact that my requirements are (I think) quite modest. But, yes, it may be an underestimate.
Just wondering what success you had with experiment? Did you get anyone good and did it work out?
Both projects are currently in progress and coming along nicely.
Nice, glad to hear it worked out OK. I was just curious ;-)